Graduate Student Fellowship Program 

Travel Information


GLEON Fellows will be contacted shortly with instructions for how to make travel arrangements and reimbursement information. Contact Emily Read with any additional inquiries.

*Important information about workshop arrival/departure (PDF)*

Visa Information for Non-US Residents

GLEON will be happy to provide letters in support of your visa application, but all other arrangements, including those pertinent to passport holders of your country, must be made on your own. Please check the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in both your country of residence and nationality for requirements.

If you need a letter from GLEON in support of your visa application, please contact Emily Read.

*ATTENTION: Visa Waiver Program (VWP) passport holders*
(i.e. You do not need a visa to visit the U.S. for a short stay <90 days BUT NEED TO READ ON the following).

  • If you are traveling with a passport from one of the 36 countries listed here, please apply for ESTA (Electronic System Travel Authorization) document online *NOW* and complete the payment: This is required by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security. Please follow the steps and instructions on the website (available in 22 languages and with a detailed Help page).
  • You MUST provide a copy of ESTA authorization when seeking reimbursement if your travel is funded by GLEON for the Fellowship Program